For parents and caregivers
Early childhood education resources
- Access the PHLpreK Application
- Child Care Information Services: Making child care & pre-K affordable
- Find Bright Futures & Head Start pre-K at local schools
- Great Philly Schools Early Childhood Education (ECE): Find quality ECE programs near you
- Keystone STARS: Quality ratings for child care programs
- Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children: Understand developmental milestones
Parenting support resources
- Bully prevention & reporting
- Free Parenting Groups and Parent Cafes: Being a parent can be challenging. The City’s free parenting classes and support groups, as well as Parent Café’s are here to help.
- Help your child read & write
- Ready Rosie: Register to receive free videos and activities in English and Spanish to do with your children to help prepare them for school. Free access for Philadelphia parents by clicking “Free Library of Philadelphia” as the organization on the registration page. Create your own password when asked.
Kindergarten readiness resources
Career resources for Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Provider and Teacher “What to Expect” Letter – Winter 2022: The National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER) at Rutgers University is working with the City of Philadelphia to evaluate Philadelphia’s Pre-Kindergarten Program. The purpose of this letter is to inform you about what to expect as this data collection is carried out in your classroom(s).
- ECEHire: Professional Development Resources: ECEhire.com is an employment portal for early care and education providers and professionals in Pennsylvania.
- PA CareerLink: PA CareerLink is a free, one-stop shop with highly trained staff ready to assist with job searches. Services include: Resume Workshops, Job Fairs, Computer Training, Access to a Computer Lab, Job Search Assistance and more
- PHLpreK Job Openings: View a list of PHLpreK programs with recently open positions for ECE teachers and support staff.
Education and professional development resources
- Graduate Philadelphia: Graduate! Philadelphia supports students who have some college credit and want to go back to school to complete their two or four-year degree. Graduate’s services include a case manager, financial aid and program selection guidance.
- Keystone STARS Professional Development Resources: Review guidelines and resources for professional development, as well as information about Keystone STARS specific professional development classes and workshops.
- PA Office of Child Development and Early Learning: Guiding Principles for Early Childhood Professional Development: View the OCDEL guiding principles for professional development.
- Pennsylvania Core Knowledge Competencies for Early Childhood & School-Age Professionals: The Pennsylvania Core Knowledge Competencies for Early Childhood and School-Age Professionals (formerly known as the Core Body of Knowledge) identifies a set of content areas that help define the knowledge expectations for professionals in settings within the early childhood and school-age field.
- PHLpreK Education and Training Resources for Early Childhood Education Careers Brochure: This printable brochure from the Mayor’s Office of Education details where to get a certification or degree in ECE as well as helpful resources to get you started.
- T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education and Compensation Helps) Early Childhood® PENNSYLVANIA: The T.E.A.C.H Scholarship Program works with early childhood providers, colleges and child care staff to offer scholarship programs.
- Child Care Licensing Guidelines *NOW ONLINE*
- First Up: Quality improvement
- FY22 PHLpreK Procurement and Application Timeline Information
- Fund for Quality: Funding to expand or enhance your facility
- Keystone STARS: Performance standards for child care programs
- Keystone STARS: Apply for assistance to change your STARS level
- Marketing Tools for Child Care Providers
- Philadelphia Facility Fund: Apply for ECE facility improvement grants
- Pre-K for PA Campaign
- Southeast Regional Key: Managing PA’s program quality ratings
Early Intervention Services
- CAP4Kids Early Intervention
- CONNECT Early Intervention Hotline: Call 800-692-7288 to find early intervention services in counties throughout PA.
- Early Intervention (EI) in PA: free services to help families with young children with developmental delays. Infant Toddler EI for children 0-3 and Elwyn SEEDS for children over 3 years old
- Elwyn SEEDS (Special Education for Early Developmental Success): Early Intervention evaluation and services for children 3 to 5 years old
- elwyn.org; 215-222-8054
- Learn the Signs. Act Early: CDC website outlining normal development from birth to 5 years old and what to do if you are worried about your child
- Philadelphia Infant Toddler Early Intervention Services: EI services for developmentally at risk preschool children ages 0-3 years old
- Office of Child Development and Early Learning: 215-685-4646
- Office of Dispute Resolution if you are unhappy with EI services: 717-346-9320