For PHLpreK Providers
PHLpreK Application Resources for Program Year 2018-2019
- Continuation Application for PHLpreK (OPEN)
- Download the CAP Application Packet
- Download the CAP Application Checklist
- Submit your application via Reviewr
- Questions and Answers for Request for Qualifications for PHLpreK 2018-2019
PHLpreK Application Resources for Program Year 2017-2018 (CLOSED)
- Continuation Application for PHLpreK 2017-18 (Closed)
- Request for Qualifications for PHLpreK 2017-18 (Closed)
For parents and caregivers
- Mayor’s Office of Education: Get PHLpreK enrollment alerts
- Great Philly Schools Early Childhood Education (ECE): Find quality ECE programs near you
- Find Bright Futures & Head Start pre-K at local schools
- Child Care Information Services: Making child care & pre-K affordable
- Keystone STARS: Quality ratings for child care programs
- Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children: Understand developmental milestones
- Register for kindergarten
- Parent University: Skills training
- Ready Rosie: Register to receive free videos and activities in English and Spanish to do with your children to help prepare them for school. Free access for Philadelphia parents by clicking “Free Library of Philadelphia” as the organization on the registration page. Create your own password when asked.
- Help your child read & write
- Ready by 4th literacy campaign
- Bully prevention & reporting
Career resources for Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- PHLpreK Job Openings: View a list of PHLpreK programs with recently open positions for ECE teachers and support staff.
- PHLpreK Education and Training Resources for Early Childhood Education Careers Brochure: This printable brochure from the Mayor’s Office of Education details where to get a certification or degree in ECE as well as helpful resources to get you started.
- T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education and Compensation Helps) Early Childhood® PENNSYLVANIA: The T.E.A.C.H Scholarship Program works with early childhood providers, colleges and child care staff to offer scholarship programs.
- ECEHire: Professional Development Resources: ECEhire.com is an employment portal for early care and education providers and professionals in Pennsylvania.
- Keystone STARS Professional Development Resources: Review guidelines and resources for professional development, as well as information about Keystone STARS specific professional development classes and workshops.
- PA Office of Child Development and Early Learning: Guiding Principles for Early Childhood Professional Development: View the OCDEL guiding principles for professional development.
- Pennsylvania Core Knowledge Competencies for Early Childhood & School-Age Professionals: The Pennsylvania Core Knowledge Competencies for Early Childhood and School-Age Professionals (formerly known as the Core Body of Knowledge) identifies a set of content areas that help define the knowledge expectations for professionals in settings within the early childhood and school-age field.
- PA CareerLink: PA CareerLink is a free, one-stop shop with highly trained staff ready to assist with job searches. Services include: Resume Workshops, Job Fairs, Computer Training, Access to a Computer Lab, Job Search Assistance and more
- Graduate Philadelphia: Graduate! Philadelphia supports students who have some college credit and want to go back to school to complete their two or four-year degree. Graduate’s services include a case manager, financial aid and program selection guidance.
- Mayor’s Office of Education: Get news about the latest funding and partnership opportunities for pre-K providers
- Fund for Quality: Funding to expand or enhance your facility
- Child Care Licensing Guidelines *NOW ONLINE*
- Southeast Regional Key: Managing PA’s program quality ratings
- Keystone STARS: Performance standards for child care programs
- Keystone STARS: Apply for assistance to change your STARS level
- Philadelphia Facility Fund: Apply for ECE facility improvement grants
- Marketing Tools for Child Care Providers
- First Up: Quality improvement
- Pre-K for PA Campaign
Early Intervention Services
- CAP4Kids Early Intervention
- Early Intervention (EI) in PA: free services to help families with young children with developmental delays. Infant Toddler EI for children 0-3 and Elwyn SEEDS for children over 3 years old
- Philadelphia Infant Toddler Early Intervention Services: EI services for developmentally at risk preschool children ages 0-3 years old
- Office of Child Development and Early Learning: 215-685-4646
- Office of Dispute Resolution if you are unhappy with EI services: 717-346-9320
- Elwyn SEEDS (Special Education for Early Developmental Success): Early Intervention evaluation and services for children 3 to 5 years old
- elwyn.org; 215-301-9375
- Learn the Signs. Act Early: CDC website outlining normal development from birth to 5 years old and what to do if you are worried about your child
- CONNECT Early Intervention Hotline: Call 800-692-7288 to find early intervention services in counties throughout PA.