What is PHLpreK?
PHLpreK is Philadelphia’s FREE, new quality pre-K program.
Am I eligible?
PHLpreK is available to 3 and 4 year old children who reside in the City of Philadelphia. You are likely eligible to enroll your child for the PHLpreK 2020-21 academic year if:
- Your child has turned 3 or 4 by September 1, 2020
- You are a resident of Philadelphia
There are no income or employment requirements
How can I find PHLpreK programs?
You can view our current list of PHLpreK programs to find a FREE, quality program near you! Call 1-844-PHL-PREK to learn more about starting the application process.
- Visit GreatPhillySchools here and search by School Level: Preschools & Daycares
Hint: Filter by Location and ECE Programming to see a list of all PHLpreK Programs Near You!
How can I apply?
You can contact any participating program directly to enroll in PHLpreK at their program. If you’d like assistance, call 1-844-PHL-PREK to learn more about starting the application process.
Is PHLpreK free?
If you enroll your child for the traditional school day (5.5 hours), school year, this is free. If you require hours beyond a traditional school day and summer, you will need to pay the PHLpreK provider for the extra hours or take advantage of child care subsidy (CCIS) benefits if you qualify.
Where can I learn more?
- Want to get PHLpreK updates? Sign up to receive enrollment alerts as more quality pre-K seats become available!
- Learn more about Mayor Kenney’s quality pre-K initiative.