Find out if you’re eligible for funding assistance
How does it work?
If you qualify:
- CCIS will pay part of your child care costs – this is called a subsidy.
- You will also pay a part of the cost – called the family co-pay. Your co-pay amount will depend on your income and the size of your family.
- CCIS can be used to pay for child care at any licensed child care program that participates in the program.
- It does not cost you more to choose a high quality child care or pre-K program for your child.
- If funding is unavailable at the time you apply, your child may be placed on a wait list until additional funding becomes available. Wait list times vary, but are usually at least several months long.
Set your child up to succeed by calling 844-PHL-preK for help applying.
Am I Eligible?
You are likely eligible for a child care subsidy if:
- You live in Pennsylvania
- Have a child who needs child care while you work or go to school
- You meet income guidelines: To be eligible to receive CCIS, your total annual family income must be 200% or less of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Look below or use the Eligibility Calculator to see if you’re likely to quality for CCIS based on the number of people in your family and how much you make:
Maximum Yearly Family Income (2018)
- Work 20 or more hours a week, or work 10 hours a week and go to school or training for 10 hours a week.
- If you are younger than 22 years old, you must attend some type of educational program to be considered a teen parent by CCIS. eligible for CCIS. If are eligible, you will be enrolled. There is no waitlist for teen parents in school. If you are a teen parent not in school, you may go to the waitlist.
- The child who needs care must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Have proof of identification for each parent or caretaker in your home
- You are a former TANF recipient.
- If you are a current TANF recipient, you will need to contact the County Assistance Office (CAO) for child care eligibility.
**NOTE: If you receive CCIS funding, you will be required to submit proof that you are still eligible every 12 months.
How to Apply
Apply for CCIS by:
- Call 844-PHL-PreK for help completing your CCIS application.
- Apply online here. Click ‘Next’ to select the benefits you are interested in applying for. To apply for CCIS, select ’Child Care Works’ and press ‘continue’ to determine if you are eligible for a subsidy and to complete an application.
If you apply online, your application will be sent electronically to your local CCIS. Your CCIS will send a follow-up letter requesting any additional information they may need.
- Apply in-person at your local CCIS. There are four CCIS offices conveniently located throughout the city. Find the CCIS closest to you here or contact the Child Care Works Helpline at 888-461-5437.
Where can I learn more?
For more information: